New Age Digital Marketing Strategy 2019 & Analytics
To build a Digital Marketing Strategy for 2019 is not going to be easy. The use of Listening and Tracking Analytics tools to understand the market is imperative. The level of competition is only rising up. With the increase in the number of platforms, to grab your prospects attention will get that much more tricky.
With the surplus information and increasing awareness, getting to your prospects will get more and more difficult. Unless you build your Digital Marketing Strategy based on real facts and figures.
Digital Marketing is much more evolved than ever. Hence, every brand and Digital Marketing Agency out there need to invest their time, efforts and money in a wisely structured and organized manner.
People are moving fast and you need to work faster and smarter to grab their attention, multiple times before they finally decide to stay.
How to do that?
Build a Digital Marketing Strategy for 2019
1) Get Professional Help
Digital Marketing is no joke. Taking a picture and posting it across multiple social media platforms is not digital marketing. Most people out there are not able to use their resources or put in the required effort in the right direction, to build a profitable marketing strategy.
Therefore, if you are a brand, you need to get a professional to do the marketing for your brand.
Digital marketing is very complex. According to hosting facts, there are over
- 4 million blog posts published on the internet every day
- 500 million tweets are sent every day
- 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram daily.
- 5 billion Google searches are made every day
- 4.1 billion Internet Users in the world as of December 2018
Reaching your prospects, all by yourself, is going to be extremely difficult. So why not hire a professional to do what they do best, while you utilize all the saved time into doing what YOU do best.
And if you are an agency, your last year’s data will not work this year. Interests change, and trending becomes not trending in less than a day.
Getting help from professional tools like Inclick, Brand24, Ahrefs, and Awario can help you in getting real-time facts that are both relevant and reliable. This can aid in building your client’s brand from the ground up.
2) Stop Copying Content
Every brand has a different Identity. Every brand has a different style. Every brand has a different USP.
Copying Content from your competitors will not help you to build your brands’ identity. Your audience will not be able to build faith in you. The audience is smart and very well updated. If you copy, they know.
People only go to brands that they trust. If your product or service is original but your content is not, you will never stand out. So do not copy content. Nothing good comes from faking an identity. Try to look for ideas and inspiration, but use your own beliefs to build content that is in alignment with what your brand stands for.
Use content that is original, true and explains you and your brand the best.
3) Who is your Ideal Buyer? Make a Relevant Digital Marketing Strategy
To whom are you trying to market while building your Digital Marketing Strategy? Who is the best fit to use your product? You cannot sell rain boots in the desert.
Try to hypothesize, who is your Ideal Buyer by defining your buyer’s persona. You can start defining your buyer’s persona based on the following pointers
- Gender – Male/ Female
- Age – the ideal age range of your user
- Location – defining their content, country, terrain, and language
- Interests and hobbies – Building content around their interests can help you get more engagement
- Profession – their area of professional expertise. Finance, advertising, estate, maintenance, etc.
- Financial Group – understand their money spending priorities
- Buying Motivation – see makes them tick
- Expectation & Concerns – empathize with your buyers
- Lifestyle – their routines, hangout places, where do they spend their time
4) Define the objective of your Digital Marketing Strategy
Every time you market your brand, you have to have a purpose. In order to get results from your efforts, you need to stop doing what you are doing and start building a structure to aim all your efforts towards achieving one goal.
Are you trying to create brand awareness? Do you want more engagement? Are you selling a product/service? Are you marketing an upcoming sale?
Define the objective of your Digital Marketing Strategy and based on it, choose your channels and content.
Make a goal that is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-based.
For example, you could say
- I want 10,000 followers in 6 months.
- I want my sales to increase by X% in 1 year.
By defining an objective you can direct your Digital Marketing Strategy into achieving that particular objective rather than acting without a goal.
5) Know your USP
Knowing your brand’s value proposition can help you and your digital marketing team to build a complete marketing strategy. A strategy that can leverage your brand’s strengths and USP to find your prospects.
Do a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats) Analysis for your brand and Industry Segment to highlight what makes you stand out.
You could see what your customers are talking about you to find out your strengths.
Figure out what you are doing better than everyone else in your Industry and use that as leverage.
Once you have a marketing strategy in place, it’s time to run it while keeping it on surveillance.
Remember, it is important to keep monitoring your strategy’s performance in order to understand if it is working the way it was expected.
Were you able to reach your objective? Did something unexpected happen? By using certain tools that are specifically designed for the job, you can do an in-depth analysis of your marketing strategy and evaluate any brand’s performance across the entire digital network.
Your Digital Marketing Strategy can be thoroughly analyzed using two kinds of tools – Listening Tools and Tracking Tools.
You can research all you like but without the use of proper tools that are designed specifically for the job, you will not be able to find what you are looking for. Let alone be able to analyze what you need.
Using Listening tools you can monitor all the conversations happening across the internet whether on forums, websites, blogs, social media channels, press pages, etc. With listening Analytics, everything that is said around a search term or a keyword can all be accessed in one place.
You can listen to all the feedback and experiences that your consumers are sharing both directly and anonymously anywhere on the internet. By listening to your customer’s opinions and voices, you can uncover feedback about your brand that can help you differentiate it from the rest of the Industry.
Benefits of Listening Analytics for Digital Marketing Strategy Include,
1) Consumer Reactions towards your brand – Are your users happy with your brand or are they unhappy? Every time they mention your brands’ name, you can monitor it.
2) Improve your Customer Service – By knowing what your customers are unhappy about, or what they expect more from your brand, you can work on providing a better service.
3) Stay 5 Steps Ahead – Listen to the conversations relating to your Industry segment and find opportunities to venture into. You can spot the trends before they are even trending.
4) Find your Industry Influencers – By monitoring the conversations you can easily track your Industry Influencers and engage with them.
5) Damage Control – In case someday, a heated conversation starts to take place, that might potentially harm your brand’s reputation, you can step in and do damage control before it blows out of proportion.
Using tracking tools, you can track all the historical data from across multiple social media platforms in one place. The data that is collected is analyzed using multiple KPIs. Know about you brand’s likes, shares, engagement rate, post engagement rate, retweets, interaction rate, post interaction rate, etc using a tracking analytics tool.
With the help of Tracking Analytics tools, you can spot the trends that otherwise stay unseen. A tracking tool can provide you with analytics relating to your marketing strategies, and even of your competitors.
Tracking Analytics Tool gives you structured data about your brand’s performance on multiple social media platforms, while a Listening Analytics Tool gives you raw information about brand mentions across the internet.
Benefits of Tracking Analytics in relevance to Digital Marketing Strategy Include,
1) Stay Trending – See what topics and kinds of post are most engaging and join their league.
2) Quantify your marketing efforts – Calculate your ROI from your marketing efforts and content.
3) Spot the most effective channel – Every social media platform has a different audience. Figure out which channel works best for your brand in terms of engagement, reach, conversion and accomplishing your digital marketing goals.
4) Learning from your Competitors’ Mistakes – While keeping track of your own content, don’t forget to keep an eye on your competitor’s social media performance as well. You might get some interesting Insights about what does not work in your Industry.
5) Comprehensive Industry Knowledge – With all the information you can possibly get about your Industry, from your and your competitor’s performance Insights, you can end up having a comprehensive understanding of your Industry.
Just building a Digital Marketing Strategy is not enough. You also need to put it to test. Things might or might go as planned, the only way to know if it worked is with the use of listening and tracking tools.
The two tools work very differently. They give you insights about different aspects of the market. Consider them the two faces of the same coin.
You can try to understand and keep track of things that are working as planned from your digital marketing strategy and those that are not. So you can either edit your current marketing strategy or build a stronger one in the future.
All the very best